@Universidade de Vigo: Fac.Ciencias, Campus As Lagoas, 32004, Ourense (SPAIN)
My name is Juan Antonio Añel Cabanelas. I am a Distinguished Senior Scientist in the EPhysLab in the Universidade de Vigo, in Ourense where I co-lead the NATURGY Chair. Other responsibilities include:
- affiliate in Economics for Energy.
- Secretary/Treasurer of the Group of Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics of the Spanish Royal Society of Physics.
- Section Editor of "Climate and Atmospheric Sciences" for PLoS ONE.
- Topical Editor of Geoscientific Model Development.
Previously I have been Research Fellow in Climate and Risks Assessment for Adaptation Policy and Senior Visiting Research Associate in the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford, where I was the Scientific Coordinator of ClimatePrediction.net.
Research: climate change impacts, upper troposphere-lower stratosphere, renewable energy, extreme weather, atmospheric dynamics, recovery of old meteorological data, computational sciences, sustainability.
+ DOPPLER: Discovery of ozone data for preindustrial periods and recovery. Funded by: Government of Galicia.
Among others previous founding bodies include the Government of Spain, Google Enterprise, Microsoft Research, University of Oxford.
- Víctor Manuel Chávez Pérez - PhD in Physics - Stratospheric Sudden Warmings
- Manuel Fernández González - PhD in Physics - Climate change impacts on hydropower
- Diego Antonio Pérez Montes - PhD in Computational Sciences - Cloud computing for geosciences
- Ignacio Ramírez González - PhD in Physics - Measurement and modelization of tropospheric ozone
- Michael García Rodríguez - PhD in Computational Sciences - Metasearch in digitalized documentation
- Susana Bayo Besteiro - Doctorado en Física - Wind power production forecast for the Iberian Peninsula
- Royal Society of Physics of Spain
- Free Software Foundation
- European Geosciences Union
- American Geophysical Union
I like computers, bonsais, football, chess, chocolate and practice Taekwondo.