@Universidade de Vigo: Fac.Ciencias, Campus As Lagoas, 32004, Ourense (SPAIN)
- affiliate in Economics for Energy.
- Secretary/Treasurer of the Group of Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics of the Spanish Royal Society of Physics.
- Section Editor of "Climate and Atmospheric Sciences" for PLoS ONE.
- Topical Editor of Geoscientific Model Development.
Among previous positions I have co-lead the NATURGY Chair and I have been Research Fellow in Climate and Risks Assessment for Adaptation Policy and Senior Visiting Research Associate in the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford, where I was the Scientific Coordinator of ClimatePrediction.net.
Research: climate change impacts, upper troposphere-lower stratosphere, renewable energy, extreme weather, atmospheric dynamics, recovery of old meteorological data, computational sciences, sustainability.
To the date most of my research has been funded by the Government of Spain, Xunta de Galicia, Gulbenkian Foundation, Google Enterprise, Microsoft Research, University of Oxford or Naturgy.
- Víctor Manuel Chávez Pérez - PhD in Physics - Stratospheric Sudden Warmings
- Manuel Fernández González - PhD in Physics - Climate change impacts on hydropower
- Diego Antonio Pérez Montes - PhD in Computational Sciences - Cloud computing for geosciences
- Michael García Rodríguez - PhD in Computational Sciences - Reproducibility of Global Climate Models
- Susana Bayo Besteiro - Doctorado en Física - Wind power production forecast for the Iberian Peninsula
- Royal Society of Physics of Spain
- Free Software Foundation
- European Geosciences Union
- American Geophysical Union
I like computers, bonsais, football, chess, chocolate and practice Taekwondo.